Hopkinsville Police Department
What User Data We Collect
When you visit the website, we may collect the following data:
- Your IP address
- Your contact information and email address
- Other information such as interests and preferences
- Data profile regarding your online behavior on our website
Why We Collect Your Data
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs
- To improve our services and products
- To send you promotional emails containing the information we think you will find interesting
- To customize our website according to your online behavior and personal preferences
Safeguarding And Securing The Data
The Hopkinsville Police Department is committed to securing your data and keeping it confidential. We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, however, no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure.
After we use the data for statistical analysis, the data is completely removed from our systems. Please note that cookies don’t allow us to gain control of your computer in any way. They are strictly used to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not so that we can provide a better experience for you.
How We Retain, Store And Secure Your Information
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal data provided by you including use of encryption or Secure Socket Layer (SSL) where appropriate. We have controlled access to our computer systems.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. This may vary according to the nature and length of the contract or relationship. We review the data that we hold on a regular basis, and delete data as soon as it is no longer required for legitimate business purposes.
Links To Other Websites
Your Rights And How To Contact Us